AmericanHort Industry Hall of Fame
Criteria for Consideration
Rare honor bestowed upon an employee of a member company (or an individual member) who has made an extraordinary lifetime contribution to AmericanHort, OFA, ANLA and/or the field of horticulture. The award is the most important honor this industry can bestow upon someone. It recognizes truly outstanding businessmen and women whose acts and deeds in business, home, community and country serve and guide as a challenge for all other members of the industry. This award is the consolidation of the ANLA Hall of Fame and the OFA Award of Excellence and is awarded as necessary.
- Complimentary lifetime AmericanHort Individual Membership with all benefits provided at that level.
- Recognition at Cultivate at one of the general sessions with award/plaque of recognition.
- Name on plaque displayed at AmericanHort headquarters in Columbus.
- Permanent listing on the website.
- Name badge ribbon provided to wear at AmericanHort events.
Procedures for Nomination
- Applications are due by October 1.
- Applications will be presented to the Leadership Committee at fall meetings for consideration, screening, and comments.
- Recommendations passed from Leadership Committee to the Board of Directors for final decision(s) at its winter meeting.
- Requires unanimous endorsement by the Board of Directors.
- Recipient should be a long-time AmericanHort member.
- An AmericanHort member must make the nomination.
- Letter of recommendation from at least three additional AmericanHort members.
- The winners will be announced by April 1.